Wednesday 18 September 2013

LFW // My Saturday & Sunday

London Fashion Week, a celebration of fashion and one of the most hectic times on the fashion calender. There's always so much and me being me I always wanna be in on the action, thankfully I managed to get myself two exciting dressing jobs for fashion week! 

I managed to be able to dress for both House of Holland and Paul Smith which were two quite different but both brilliant shows, each really reflecting their different styles and aesthetics. Dressing fashion shows is so much fun, ever since doing it for GFW I've wanted to do it again so when the chance to do it again arose of course I took it!

// House of Holland // 



First up was the House of Holland show, the show had a mix of pinks, purples and oranges working in perfect harmony. With touches of painted leather, lace and patterns his show was definitely something to be noticed, with an a list group sitting ready for the show to begin he unleashed his SS 14 collection onto London. 

 

I think these have to be my four favourite looks from the whole collection, the first two being the ones I dressed so I have to be a little bias towards them. Still I think the pattern is really interesting and love the embellishment on the second and fourth looks, especially alongside the colours! The jacket from look three has to be my favourite piece, orange and metallics its shiny and uses a colour I think is so underappreciated but it's deffinitely my favourite my far! 


// Paul Smith // 



My second show to dress was Paul Smith which had a totally different feel to House of Holland, which I'd have expected it reflected that their brand. One of my problems with most brands is with their SS collectins and the clothes not actually reflecting the season they're for and I think Paul Smith completely ticked every box for me, the clothes are perfect for summer. 

 
 

These have to be my favourite four of all the looks on show, again the model I've dressed is in the line up partly bias but also the clothes looked amazing on her! I think the dress from look one and the jacket from look 2 have to be my favourite pieces, I think both of the colour schemes of them work great together. The pink jacket with white is also another great look, two colour schemes which work together great and also would fit perfectly for a Paul Smith woman. The same can be said for look four, I think it's a really great silhouette and sits so well on the body!


I have to say both of the shows we're really fun and great to work at, I enjoyed being able to be behind the scenes of big fashion shows and seeing how they work. It's great to be able to see the garments first hand, personally I think that pictures often don't do the look justice once you've seen them in the flesh! Hopefully I'll be able to do something similar next season!

No comments:

Post a Comment