Monday 7 October 2013

MIA // Versus Collection

Versace has grabbed yet another name to team up to work on their Versus collection this time amazingly its MIA, a musician rather than a designer. Musicians and fashion go hand in hand they wear most of the main labels and some even end up doing some designing but I think MIA is someone who will actually be able to create something that isn't a massive joke.

I mean look at MIA, her style and views on the world. The way she chooses to shoot her videos and her whole persona. She's got a view point that I find so interesting and I think she'll do an amazing job and the greatest part is it won't all just be a deluded power trip as we've seen in the past.


With her music being used in various fashion shows such as Henry Holland's SS 14 and she even created a mix for Kenzo's AW 13 show, she perfectly lends herself to being in fashion. MIA really represents a type of women that I think girls need to look up to, she doesn't sit back and let the world go  by around her she has something to say and is willing to voice that. 

The collection theme is said to be based on counterfeits, something that Versace are massive for their designs constantly being used and also reworked to suit a more street illustration. I think it's a brilliant idea using a counterfeit to show a different direction a brand has been taken in generally by youth and culture. Donatella has described Versus as fast, noisy and brazen and I think this theme works hand in hand with that. 


 


MIA's 19 piece collection which will be avaliable from October 16th is definitely something to keep an eye out for and something I'm excited to see. I mean look at the Versus website already // here // all gif'd up to the nines. I can't wait to see what she's decided to do and what she's created but she's definitely someone I'd want to be designing, I think she'll have a great understanding and insight into what people want.

No comments:

Post a Comment