Wednesday 2 October 2013

Schiaparelli // Head Designer Revealed!

In exciting news Marco Zanini has been appointed head desginer at Schiaparelli and after the brands relaunch with Lacroix it's very exciting news. Schiaparelli is such a big name especially since it's a brand which at once time was bigger than Channel!

"The biggest and most interesting challenge is to bring Elsa Schiaparelli's legacy to the present and the future"

I was super excited when I heard Lacroix was going to be designing for Schiaparelli and I think Marco Zanini taking over as head designer can only be good, it's great to see a brand which holds such heritage being revived and delivered to such a young audience!

One thing I felt last time was it was interesting to see how Lacroix designed with Schiaparelli in mind, I want to see how Marco Zanini translates the Schiaparelli aesthetic. I think that's the beauty of watching somebody take over they always breathe new life into the brand, look at Raf and Dior love it or hate it people everywhere had an opinion on it! Part of me is just so happy the brand is revived and we're reviving brands especially after watching people like Nicole Farhi! 

 


"She had an exceptional, incredible and intelligent approach; she was ahead of her times. The most interesting thing is to make her contemporary and current"

I love the way Zanini talks about Elsa Schiaparalli, clearly having so much respect for her and wanting to achieve something as mindblowing as she was at the time! I agree with him so much I do think she was ahead of her time especially in regards to her thoughts on fashion, having a manifesto on how women should dress and even not having clothing on display, keeping them as real art. 

I can't wait to see what he comes up with designing a couture and a more RTW collection for Schiaparelli! 

No comments:

Post a Comment