Wednesday 6 November 2013

DIESEL // Formichetti Well Done

So something I've seen a huge amont of press talk about is Diesel and it's reboot which is being headed up by none other than Nicola Formichetti! Formichetti previous head of Mugler has taken the reigns at Diesel, honest opinion here I think it's going really well.  


Talking about his new work at Diesel Formichetti has made comments about his work "Before Diesel, people used to tell me to turn down the volume...but Renzo always tells me to crazier. No one's ever said that to me before." So clearly things are going well at Diesel and everythings encouraged but I something about their work seems to shine and highlight how much Formichetti is enjoying the position. 

 


 

With the new Diesel tribute now in stores, Formichetti is definitely delivering what I'd expect to see! FINALLY SOMEONE GETTING IT RIGHT! Diesel is being given new life, it's bold and different whilst still upholding everything they stand for. If I could I'd have to shake Formichetti's hand I think what he's done here is brillaint, denim we all know is a staple and he's still managed to give it a fresh feel. 

Using the Diesel archives in his search for inspiration, I think it's brilliant also bringing names like Brooke Candy and Mykki Blanco into the mix is of course going to help. I love them and why wouldn't you, they're part of something new bringing brilliant appeal and change. Honestly I think Diesel Tribute works because it's fresh and real, it's not a mimic or a fake and I love that!


Asides from me I want to see what other people think, the majority of people's reviews/comments seem very possitive. People like where he's heading with Diesel and I can definitely see why, perhaps his move to Diesel from Mugler was really for the best? Let me know your thoughts and opinions in comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment