Sunday 7 July 2013

Lacroix // Schiaparelli Collection

After taking a short break from blogging I thought I'd return with something massive to firstly talk about, so here you have it Lacroix and Schiaparelli! Finally we're seeing his collection for the French label being revealed, I love that Lacroix chose not to present the collection in a massive show but rather on this mirrored carousel. Currently on dispay at the Musée des Arts Decoratifs the 18 piece collection is a definite collection of interest. 

 

  

  

Lacroix talked about how his approached was as natural as possible towards the project, wanting to pay tribute to the two very different sides of Elsa Schiaparelli. He described her work as 'crazy baroque, opulent, extravagent' but also commented on her 'modernity, simplicity and purity'.

I think this is a really perfect way to describe Schiaparelli's work, clearly a great way to think about the project tackle the challenge. If I were Lacrox I'd hate to have all of this pressure on me with regards to creating this collection. 

  

 

  

My thoughts on the collection are that I think Lacrox did a really good job at creating a modern collection for Schiaparelli, he really did manage to create a collection for 13/14. There are so many various elements in the pieces which I love, great patterns and silhouette to highlight women's figures and then more crazier ideas too. I do think certain looks are more Schiaparelli than others but regardless it must be so hard to attempt to follow up someone as famous as Elsa.

No comments:

Post a Comment