Sunday 28 July 2013

V&A // Club to Catwalk


Firstly apologies for the lack of posts recently I've been running around everywhere mainly because of my birthday! I thought I'd come back and talk about something I saw on my birthday, the Club to Catwalk show at V&A. 

Subculture is something I love and find fascinating anyway so I was super excited to just check out this exhibition and really see what it was all about. I thought the exhibition had some interesting pieces in and if you're interests are fashion subculture, how fashion inspires through bubbling up it's totally worth seeing. 

 

One of my only issues with the exhibition was probably the fact the club and catwalk could have been reveresed, seeing the club styles first. I guess if you see it in that order it's a hell of a lot more obvious where the inspirations are taken from. Besides that there's so much and I loved seeing how much The Face was mentioned, it's great to see a fashion/music/culture title of the time which is so relevent to what was being shown and this added to the whole exhibition. 

Another aspect I loved was the videos being show, all showing how fun fashion was and it really made me think about how we're not seeing fashion and using it. I guess it was a reflection of the past when times were less simple but it really shows how business orientated fashion has become.

The shows there until February 16th 2014 and with a small entry fee it's totally worth attending especially if you're interesting in subculture and style.


No comments:

Post a Comment