Monday 22 April 2013

O://By Tank//Fashion Scan

Something I really love and have tonnes of enthusiasm for is where fashion and technology meet, in my opinion it's a direction i'd love to see developed more than it already is. Something which really caught my eye when I bought TANK was their animated fashion supplient 'O:' by downloading the app Fashion Scan you're able to scan pages to see animated content.

This is honestly an idea I LOVE, if everyone thinks print is going to die out then is this not a new way to pump life into it? I've seen so much to do with augmented reality with video games so why not develop new apps to revitalise print? 

It's fun, image being able to get an invite to a fashion show you can't attend, you could have an app that allows you to see the show from anywhere in the world? Fashion week could be in the palm of your hands, all achievable through technology. I wanted to talk about this just because I think in the long term this is something which we'll begin to see more and more of and one day might be another direction we move in with regards to fashion promotion techniques? All I can say is bravo for someone deciding to blur the lines between print and animation and breathe new life into what some have refered to as a dead medium.


Also for anyone wanting to find Fashion Scan in the app store here is a link!

No comments:

Post a Comment