Sunday 28 April 2013

Southbank//Light Show

So I'd been meaning to check out the Southbank Hayward Gallery Light Show and I knew it was popular because previously being told it'd be sold out for the day. I thought if I went I'd be able to book in advance, turning up only to be told there was no more advance tickets. I thought I'm never going to see this until a lovely man offered me a ticket for free because he had a spare student one!

I think living in London really makes you realise how kind people can be especially in situations like this! Anyway I have to say that it was one of the best exhibitions I think I've seen in a while, there was so many pieces I loved. My top five had to be:

Carlos Cruz-Diez // Chromosaturation 
 

Olafur Eliasson // Model for a Timeless Garden

Jenny Holzer // MONUMENT

Conrad Shawcross // Slow Arc Inside a Cube IV

Leo Villareal // Cylinder II


I think this is probably the best order for them all...I think, there's probably a joint first for Chromosaturation and Model for a Timeless Garden. Honestly though it was incredible, I don't think a piece of work has ever made me smile and be as amazed as Chromosaturation, I don't think i've sat and observed a piece as long as MONUMENT well that and Blue Purple Tilt but thats another Holtzer so its all the same, her work just draws me in. 

Model for a Timeless Garden is another piece I literally could have fell in love with, stayed for hours and just sat and watched and walked around. Both that and Chromosaturation in all honesty, I'd love a room like that just to feel emotion and have your senses confused and played with.

It really was a nice little surprise thanks to the kindness of strangers, to be able to go and see all of this and really experience it all first hand. One thing I've really wanted to do more of is go to more galleries and see more exhibitions, this highlighting why I love doing it!

No comments:

Post a Comment