Tuesday 4 June 2013

GFW//Day Two Pt. 2

So moving on from my last post! 

//Nottingham Trent//
Nottingham Trent were up next and had a really interesting mix during their show, probably not my favourite of the shows but still some really nice highlights!

Above - Jodie Mattheson 
Below - Kelly Walker 



Personal highlights number one came in the form of Jodie Mattheson, I thought her menswear collection was really interesting, especially the look in the photograph above. I've seen a lot of pieces which cover people's faces at GFW and I think Jodie's are probably one of my favourites and are actually something I'd consider wearing! I also thought Kelly Walker' s collection really shone out from the rest of her graduates too, her bold and striking reds really grabbed my attention. I thought she had some really cool pieces including dresses too, totally one to watch

Other people who caught my eye were: Adnan Ebo and his menswear collection which features some really interesting patterns and print. Florence Gillot had some really nice textures and materials through out her collectiion and Nathan Roberts had a really interesting take on street style in his collection too. 

As I said not my favourite of the shows but still some really interesting and innovative pieces coming through and standing out amongst all the collections. 

//De Montfort Contour// 
As a first for the De Montfort Contour course they finally showed as part of GFW for the first time in the courses 22 years! I thought the show was a really interesting show especially because you never see this show at graduate level!

Above - Jade Boggis
Below - Gemma Lawton 


Here are my two absolute favourites from the show, starting with Jade Boggis who's collection was all white she really delivered bringing an interesting collection of shapes and styles of lingerie to the table. I thought that she had something a little different and was almost reminiscent of leeloo dallas from fifth element, if that's something she meant to do bonus points for her! On the right we have Gemma Lawton who probably had the most covered up models yet really presented some gorgeous, delicate bodywear. I thought she had some of the most interesting pieces in the whole and really had something that stood it's ground amongst all the collections.

I'd also like to make a note of the names Beth Parkin and Sian Whitefoot both of their collections too stood out amongst the rest. Beth's contemporary pink transparent collection really stood out and was something really different, it was sexy without being smutty and had hints of futuristic vibes in there. Sian Whitefoot's collection was again like Gemma's in that it was so delicate, white remaining white it flowed almost like a cloud down the catwalk and really stood out.

As the show started I thought it was going to be a lot of women really undressed and as the show went on it really highlighted the craftsman ship that's gone into designing and creating all of these collections. It's obvious too that all of these ladies have such an appreciation for female form and really just want to add and build onto that creating something beautiful in the process.

That's all for now but hopefully I'll catch some more interesting stuff tomorrow and also try to check more of the work that's on exhibition stands too! 


No comments:

Post a Comment