Monday 3 June 2013

GFW//Day One Pt. 2

So I thought I'd break this down into two posts for a little break, but continuning where I left off!

//Northumbria//

Pictures - Victoria Schofield 


Next up was Northumbria in theatre A, being the first show I'd assisted on in there I expected big things and they totally delivered. One of my favourite things had to be Victoria Schofield's amazing colour and pattern combos, really standing out to me as such a strong collection! Sophie Lea's menswear was probably another favourite, especially for cuts colours and the styling choices she made! Other loves were Lorna Thompsons menswear and Kathryn Hewitson's womenswear including bride.

The Northumbria show for me was really interesting, I think the standard and quality was incredible and everyone's collections worked to perfectly. 

//Northbrook & Wiltshire College Salisbury// 

Northbrook Pictures 
Left - Emma Jane Lord 
Right - Kelsey Wright 


These were both a stand out for me, one very current and really urban the other so theatrical and beautiful. I alsolutely loved Emma Jane Lord's worked the mix of colours, imagery and materials were just amazing together. I thought Kelsey Wright's collection was the perfect way to start the show too, really bringing it to life. 

Wiltshire College Salisbury 
Above  - Drew Izard
Below - Hannah Rebecca Brown 


Drew Izard was probably my favourite of both shows and another favourite of the day, mainly because he created something which I'd wear myself. Working with different mixes of materials and monochrome everything he'd made was smart and yet looked really interesting at the same time! Not show here was a pair of trousers with a panel which was a different material (not sure what) but they were absolutely gorgeous, I want them! Hannah Rebecca Brown's collection was so crazy yet cute too it really reminded me of something Meadham Kirchhoff would do (another reason to love it!) but t was wonderful and so colourful!

Really tired now so hopefully I'll be able to comment on the fifth show then and get pictures, but today has been a brilliant day for GFW. What a way to start and hopefully to get better especially with Ravensbourne tomorrow! Hopefully I'll be working in theatre B for it and be able to see it all.


No comments:

Post a Comment