Wednesday 12 June 2013

H&M//Isabel Marant

H&M have done it again, another designer collaboration this time with Isabel Marant. Her design style has been called 'boho chic' and her collaboration is set for release November 14th of this year, with her releasing womenswear and for the first time menswear too. 

Some of her Spring/Summer 2013 Collection

I'm always speaking my praises about the Swedish retailer and how I think it's brilliant that they choose to work along side the designer to make a more afforable range without just ripping designs off. Personally I see it as a way of tackling the idea of fast fashion and designers having cheaper copies of their work produced by other companies.

Isabel will bring a more of a mainstream feel to H&M, especially following up after having a MMM collab. I've got a feeling that her collection will go down really well, being the perfect balance of luxury brands and highstreet. 



Here in this video Isabel talks about working with H&M and she says a few things I find really interesting. One of these being that she's looking at making something that really works in a lot of different ways, which will definitely appeal to the customer. She talks about how her work speaks more about her than anything can so I'm expecting the pieces to be really special.

I think Isabel Marant is an amazing fit for the brand, her style seems like it would work well in H&M stores and will appeal to the customer. Listening to her talking about her work to really cements that she knows what she wants to do, she knows what is expected from her customers too which is another brilliant aspect about her which I love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment