Wednesday 19 June 2013

Katie Eary // SS 14

Katie Eary last season delivered one of my favourite collections of LC:M and again she delivers what I'd describe as genius. I honestly don't know how she does it, I really don't!





A collection mixing reds and oranges with flamingos and leopard print Katie Eary has such an unusual mix of taste and yet pulls it all together. Her black, blue and pink pattern mix from last season is a total change from this season, but she really has just a brilliant eye for pattern and colour. Obviously because of their places on the colour spectrum I expect orange and red to be a total clash and yet Katie Eary manages to get them to work together perfectly. 

I love the mix of red, orange and yellow in the image in the centre, it all manages to flow and work without being too much. Obviously not a menswear collection for the faint hearted but this is exactly where menswear needs to move to in terms of pushing boundaries. I always voice how I feel menswear always remains safe and uninteresting and I love how Katie Eary just crushes those thoughts for me. 



No comments:

Post a Comment