Sunday 2 June 2013

GFW//Day One Pt. 1

So it's finally GFW and day one has ended and what a day it's been!
Helping out with front of house I've managed to see a few shows today, all have been brilliant.

I manged to catch:
-Bournemouth
-Edinburgh
-Northumbria 
-Northbrook and Wiltshire College Salisbury 
-Istituto Marangoni

Just thought I'd post about a few highlights/favourites before tomorrow!

//Bournemouth//
Left - Alice Farrow
Right - Georgina Mulholland 


Both of these I loved! Have to say I think Georgina Mulholland was one of my favourites of the whole show, her work really popped! Another aspect of the Bournemouth show I loved was how much they'd all grasped onto the idea of 'All Walks' and how perfectly it showed throughout their work, also showing how relevant and idea it is! Other favourites include Laura Paton, Narissi Nohlgren, Stephn Garvey and Danielle Huntley

//Edinburgh//
Above - Andrew Alaster McLaren
Below - Clare Baird  


The Edinburgh show was amazing too! Andrew Alaster McLaren was totally one of my favourites of the whole thing, his greens and metallics working together perfectly! Clare Baird had some of the most interesting bags feature mixes of metal and woodwork, creating a really man vs nature feel with brilliant angles. Mentions for Isabella Lyginou, Lauren Smith and Heather Archibald too! 

Clare Baird had possibly the sickest bags I've seen ever and may have been a possible for favourite!

No comments:

Post a Comment