Monday 3 June 2013

GFW//Day Two Pt. 1

Another amazing day is over and what a day it's been! There's been some really interesting shows including my favourite Ravensbourne, although just a little bit bias on that! But still it was amazing!


Saw a few shows today including:
-International Show
-Ravensbourne 
-Nottingham Trent 
-DeMontford Contour

//International Show// 

Above - Michael Klammstenier 
Centre  - Marco Bianchini
Below - Angus Chiang 



The International Show brought us creations from various countries and continents, lets just say they totally 'brought it' too. It was an amazing show with so many different elements and ideas in everybodies work in there. These had to be my favourite three, firstly Michael Klammsteiner I loved his whole collection it was perfect, it had so many different elements to it, there was so much from shape to layering and even pattern and texture! Whats not to love. 

Next up, Marco Bianchini his collection was yet another where I found myself loving all of it. He had so many different materials in his, there was plastics and metalics which for me is obviously heaven. It all worked and working with mainly grey and black it still had a great impact!
After that in total contrast we have Angus Chiang, I loved the uses of colours in this a complete change to both other collections I liked. My favourite piece of it had to be the 'spacesuit' there's something about it I find really comical but also really stylish. 

Final mention had to go to Marina Hormanseder, what I didn't realise about her collection to begin with was how it was all a series of medical sling/restriction based collection. I loved it the mixes of materials she used and the colours, deciding on going for bright red/pink really helped create a work of wonder. 

//Ravensbourne//

Ravensbourne show was the main thing I wanted to see at GFW, obviously to support my own university! Firstly congrats are in order as we won two awards today, Sophie Christiansen won the Per Aquum Marketing Award and Rebecca Chambers won the New Media Award, brilliant for them both!

Above - Clio Peppiat 
Centre - Luke A Harris 
Below - Rose Blair 



So I loved so much of the Ravensbourne show it was an absolute treat, a total highlight of GFW and I really do think that not just because I'm a student! Clio Peppiat was one of my highlights, her material choices were amazing from various metallics to the nicest gold heels I've seen ever! To top it all off she has a burger purse, what more could I need? 

Coming to Luke Harris I loved his work, it was everything! Men in black it was power and the height of style in my opinion especially when paired with the headpieces he had too! I don't think there was anything even remotely wrong with any of this collection at all. Rose Blair was yet another spectacular Ravensbourne graduate, especially serving us all some much needed nostalgia in the form of a 'My Little Pony coat', which I obviously adore hitting me in all of my various softspots at once! 

But the show was such a strong one seeing other amazing work from students such as Jane Swansbury, Chen-yu Wang, Emma Vivian, Leanna Warren, Jack Bebbington and Charlotte Harris. 

I LOVED the show seriously one of, if not the best show I've seen so far and all people I spoke to agreed it was a masterpiece. I'm so glad that all the Ravensbourne graduates put together something amazing and really showed how high their standards are. 



No comments:

Post a Comment