Wednesday 26 June 2013

Milan // Men's Fashion Week

Following up from LC:M we have MMFW, showing us just what Italy are bringing to the table for SS 14 with so many brands showing collections from Saturday 22nd June til Tuesday 25th June. I thought it'd be nice to select my highlights and favourites, find everything that really stands out to me. 

//Jil Sander//

My first love of Milan was Jil Sander I mean look at it where can you go wrong, the use of whites and this mix between a pink and orange. I love that colour and it was great to see such a bright collection for summer rather than black, which I hate as an SS colour!

//Versace//
 
Versace showed another collection who brought so much colour to Milan and can do no wrong. Honestly when I briefly saw this I hated it, but looking closer I realise how great it is. My favourite piece has to be the second look it's basically like bright abstract painting as clothing so mixing two of my favourite things ever. 

//Bottega Veneta//
  
Bottega Venta's collection was really dark and like I've said that is usually an issue especially for SS collections but with the patterns and lines of the trousers I couldn't help but love them. There was such a cluster of patterns and shapes, they work really well and look great too. I also loved how there was touches of colours throughout too!

//Calvin Klein//
  
Another brand to break away from a dark SS collection was Calvin Klein, their collection was majority blue and mainly a really nice lighter blue which I loved. Another area of their collection I loved was their sky based pieces, their pink based sky look has to be my favourite becaue it really did break up the blue of the collection but they really do stand out and look great. 

//Marni// 
  
Marni had some of my favourite jackets of the whole of the collections, I'd more than happily wear any of them. I think they're great, they have such an interesting shape to them and their colours and patterns are brilliant too. I think my favourite has to be the white one it's oversized, brilliant and perfect.

//Prada//
 
Prada had such an interesting collection, it had a lot of pattern and colour which I thought Milan really needed. I think the mixes of materials including the silks and patterns which were combined all really worked together and the whole collection flowed perfectly. Prada's set was called 'Menacing Paradise' which seems like a really apt name for what they delivered. 

//Moschino//
 
Moschino for me was yet another amazing collection and one of my favourites, it had so many different elements to it whilst still standing together as a whole. There being more formal and casual elements, mixes of print and pattern, all of it stood out and looked great. I love the shirts which were a mixture of different elements and the lighting patterns are one of my favourite menswear things I've seen for SS 14. I loved the additions of metallics and red, they really ticked everything for me. 

Other notible mentions go to Vivienne Westwood who's political India themed collection really stood out from all of the collections, obviously underooted in her collection was politics but that's what I love about Westwood. Diesel Black Gold had some really nice looks from their collection that had some great whites and off whites, they also had clothes that had a great fit on the models. 

Gucci probably had the best florals of Milan, they really had interesting and not the obvious colour too with a darker olivey green too. Belstaff jackets stood out to me alongside Marni they had a strong mix of colours and styles with orange, orange being a colour I love to see making an appearance. Marc Jacobs delivered some toned down colourful looks with the inclusion of some greys and silvers, their collection was understaded and brilliant. 

I think Milan Mens Fashion Week really had so much brilliant collections to show, I think some of the brands had a lot of black which really didn't appeal to me personally. I also think some of the formal looks don't appeal as well but that's more of on a personal level, I still think some amazing stuff was shown at Milan. I think my favourite shows have to be Calvin Klein, Moschino, Marni and Jil Sander.

No comments:

Post a Comment