Sunday 9 June 2013

London Collections//Men


Fast approaching we have London Collections: Men, showcasing what the English have to show in terms of menswear, a personal highlight of the year obviously being male! 

//THE DATES//
Sunday 16th June 2013
-
Tuesday 18th June 2013

I'm really excited to see what people really bring to show, especially after last season and the collections  we were shown. To begin I want to talk about the people who really stood out to me last season, obviously collections I can't wait to see this season.

//Katie Eary - 17th June 2013 - 15:00//
 

Delivering bright prints and colours mixed with black last season Katie Eary really showed me some interesting and different menswear. I love the colour pink being used in anything menswear and again bright colour, I really think it's something we don't get enough off. As a guy I really do feel strongly that colour seems to be something menswear turns away from. I cannot wait to see what we get this time around! 

//KTZ - 17th June 2013 - 11.30 - 13.30 //

KTZ are a brand who I always love to see what they've designed every season, what I loved about their last collection was their headwear giving us everything we could for a mix of strange and scary. I think what KTZ do really well is just creating some really wearable pieces, fashion seems to always being tackled on the issue of practicality and I'd happily wear KTZ no questions asked!

//JW Anderson - 17th June 2013 - 9:00//
 

After last season JW Anderson got so much press based around the idea of putting men in skirts, so it's clear as to why I'm interested to see what he does this season. I think the idea of men in skirts and women's clothing is a really interesting one, especially follow the idea of women in menswear, androgyny and 'boyfriend' as a trend. If females can take an adapt menswear for them then why can't the idea be reversed? Either way JW Anderson will deffinitely bring us something really interesting again and will be a must see. 

//Fashion East Menswear Installations - 16th June 2013//
 

Launched in 2009 Fashion East is a brilliant collective helping to promote newer designers, their past installations have included various props from a bus shelter to a boxing ring. Fashion East has helped various designers such as Martine Rose and Agi & Sam to boost their careers and is another reason I think it's such a great place to check out what they bring into the menswear mix. 

Showing this time around are:
Craig Green x Purified
Joseph Turvey
Kit Neale 
Liam Hodges
Marques'Almedia (Men's)
Meadham Kirchhoff (Men's)
Tom Ryling 

From these designers especially I'd have to say watch out for Craig Green x Purified, Kit Neale and one my favourites Meadham Kirchhoff! Fashion East is definitely worth checking out though! 

Obviously there will be way more to see from LC:M but these are just people I'll be keeping a close eye on personally! I think it really is going to be amazing thought. Menswear is something I think we really need to give more love and attention to in comparison to womenswear, I don't think it'll ever be the same size as womenswear but why not let it grow and flourish?

No comments:

Post a Comment