Wednesday 5 June 2013

GFW//Day Three Pt. 2

Part two of todays antics! 

//Manchester School of Art//
Manchester was the next show I managed to see and sitting third row meant I had a perfect view of everything! They had some really amazing stuff and clearly have a great collection of graduates this year.

Above - Nina Burton
Centre - Ceinor Sadler
Bottom - Robert Mills 

 


Nina Burton was one of my main loves having such amazing patterns but also embracing glitches and pixels and incoporating them into her patterns almost effortlessly, almost to hide them and show them off. I think she is one of my favourite graduates who've worked with patterns that I've seen so far there was something about her work that just popped for me. Ceinor Sadler was yet another person who drew my attention in and mainly because of her girly mens knits, girly being a total appropriate word. Her uses of pastels, neutrals and pinks was really something special and really caught the attention of the room, but I love it I think it's really something quirky and it worked well still.

Robert Mills also caught everyone's eyes with his fur based collection, bouncing as it came down the runway it really worked perfectly together. The harmony of the materials together too was just another reason to really praise his work, something everybody needs to check out! 

Ria Leape and Charlie Horncastle are another two names who's collections stood out to me. Ria for her menswear collection full of white 'furs' and a brilliant eggshell blue jacket and Charlie's collection had two stand out looks with eclectic patterns and one paired perfectly with monochrome striped jeans. 

The whole show to me really showed how high Manchester's standards and really highlighted again the point that fashion doesn't only have to come from London fashion universities.

//Salford//

Salford has probably one of my favourite graduates in it and it was a really interesting mix of collections and with the added addition of smoke machines it really was a nice was to end all of the shows in theatre b. 

Above - Nneka Okorie
Centre - Jessica Sergeant 
Bottom - Jay Briggz



First I wanna talk all about Nneka Okorie and her collection, it had so much in it bursting with texture, colour and pattern it was amazing. The outfit pictured above to me was my favourite of her looks, the crown tipping me over the edge. I need one. I loved how it all worked together especially the orange and gold, especially with matching trainers. Jessica Sergeant was yet anothr to impress from Salford her collection had so much urban chic to it, again her coat being another piece of clothing I need. Really nice to see graduates creating clothing which really does appeal and make me want to buy it and consume it!

Finally one of my favourites of all of Salford and GFW was Jay Briggz his combinations of black feathers and metallic beetle wing 'elytra' pieces, which were visually stunning. It's so nice to see the effort and thought put into collections and see such results too, really standing out to me as one of my favourites because of the mix and also the flow how both worked together and really played off each other as well.

Bryonie Fenn and Katie Hincliffe also standing out to me with their collections. Bryonie with her gorgeous flowing dresses, especially the blue which was heaven in dress form and Katie who's collection to me felt really youthful whilst staying contemporary, clean and neutral. 

Salford was yet another great show, as have most of the shows at GFW. Some really interesting work and students to keep an eye on for the future too!

No comments:

Post a Comment