Monday 10 June 2013

London Collections: Men // Inspirations


The British Fashion Council have posted a pintrest board with of some of the designers SS14 inspirations on, so lets have a look and see what everyones been looking at. 

You can find the board //here//

//Marwood//
"Mosaics and ink-drawn tile constructions for Marwood SS14"

So this was one of the first things to catch my eyes of all of the imagery there, mainlky because of the patterns. I think there's some really interesting shapes and patterns being used here and they already look really intriguing so how they'll be used in a design should be interesting to see.

//Paul Costello//
"Brightly coloured handkerchiefs are an indicator of what is to come from Paul Costelloe for SS14"

Here colour seems to be a massive part of the collection, using so many brights especially yellows and orange is something which makes me want to see more! I love the colour yellow with any fashion most likely because I think people are scared of it so hopefully this will be another reason for people to embrace yellow.

//Jospeh Turvey//
"Joseph Turvey shares some sketches of his SS14 collection"

Joseph Turvey was another person who stood out, mainly because he released some sketches of designs too, whether they'll be used is a different story! Another factor that caught my eye was the flower over the guys mouth and the fabric samples next to it, I'm hoping both of theses colours are going to be played around with and seen this collection. 

//Berthold// 
"Berthold's SS14 moodboard"

A nice mix of imagery here being collected, some of fashion and some of colour and textures. Really interesting to see what types of imagery have been collected and put together, my favourite area being the bottom with the yellows and blues and especially this distorted blue material texture that reappears in various ways in different places in the moodboard. 

//Fashion East - Liam Hodges//
"Recent Fashion East recipient Liam Hodges shows us his SS14 inspirations"

Firstly the main image to me that stood out here was the guy with the viking esque horns, I really hope theres gonna be some interesting headwear coming our way here. I also really like the hint of colour with reds and the whole theme of anarchy/rebellion being here, I think this moodboard highlights it'll be an interesting collection. I cannot wait to see what this brings.

Check out the pintrest for more! I just wanted to talk about stand out ones for me and really try and get a grip of what they might be bringing to us in 6 days time! 





No comments:

Post a Comment