Thursday 20 June 2013

LC:M // Day Three

The final day of LC:M was brimming with creativity and clever design as expected and what a final day of collections it was!

//Shaun Samson//

Shaun Samson has the perfect collection of really simple yet effective fashion, I think that's one of the main points that stands out here. Fashion can always be a subject where people adapt the mentality of 'more is better' but I think this completely trashes this idea, it's clean simple and brilliant. I love the colour's here they fit perfectly with the whole theme on Shauns collection. 

//Fashion East - Joseph Turvey//



Joseph Turvey really manages to bring colour pattern into whites, I love how his work looks like coloured shapes have been projected onto his work. His mixes of yellows, blues and pinks really stand out whilst still managing to not overpower the rest of the patterns in his looks. I absolutely love that he has his moels with matching hair too, it really is a perfect acompliment to all of the looks. He has a really nice balance of florals and white whilst keeping his work smart and casual too, a really intriguing collection. 

//Fashion East - Kit Neale//



Kit Neale is one of my favourite designers under the Fashion East name, I think his designs and work are great. This collection is perfectly playful using childrens play maps in his work, bringing our childhood's back to all of us to wear now. I love his playful uses of colour reminscent of a child's scribbles, his collection based all around Peckham too it's basically my version of a perfect balance of colour and pattern. I think he's created a grown up version of childrens paradise and adventure. 

 //Nasir Mazhar//


Nasir Mazhar's first time showcasing in London Collection's: Men and what a collection it was, whilst using feminine pinks, his collection is a really good balance of street/sportswear. I think is choice of colour palette and cut aren't expected to work together but they do, Nasir's collection highlight's that pink can not only be a men's colour but doesn't subtract from someone's masculinity too. My favourite piece of the collection being the red, black and metallic I just love the perfect balances of colour and materials including the headpiece. 

Overall there have been so many great shows including Burberry Prorsum who definitely just confirmed for my that menswear is totally heading in the way of colour, which I obviously love and I've voiced my opinions of this before. If anything LC:M has just proved the fact menswear is moving in a direction I like and London design is as strong as ever. 








1 comment:

  1. An easy and affordable way to get VAT refund on purchases in UK stores - https://airvat.com/

    ReplyDelete