Sunday 16 June 2013

LC:M // Day One

It's finally time for London Collection's: Men. I wish I was attending but I'm sadly not but I've got something else planned tomorrow so that will be fun! Still thought I'd voice my opinion and thoughts, really pul out some of my standouts and favourites of the collections/designers.

//AGI & SAM //
So one of my main loves is from Agi & Sam, I saw all three of these looks and I love them, one of my main issues with menswear is a lack of colour, this totally challenging that. I think those colours are something to look out for especially the green, I think that this could fingers crossed be a start of a trend of colour with menswear. 

//MAN// 

 Bobby Abley - I love Bobby Abley's collection especially the patterns and styling with the crowns. I think all of the collection really works well together, the bird patterns simple without being just the right amount of 'cartoony' for my liking. Even without a huge colour pallette, the collection really just holds it's own.


Craig Green -  Since the 'wood masks' Craig Green has been someone on everyone's lips and I'm one of those people. I was really excited to see what Craig would bring to the table and it's an interesting one. I think his work always seems to have a real sense of mystery to it, especially when he covers model's faces and takes away that human personality. I love how he's dared to mix tie dye with blacks blues and whites and has a focus on layering in his work too.

//Jonathan Saunders//


Again seeing another return of a great green, there's more to come but I love this colour and this jacket, really enjoying green being featured in so many collections. It's definitely something I want to see more of, with some yellow would be ideal. I think this shirt is really clever too, I think having the gradual fade of pattern just looks so effective and smart. 

 //Astrid Andersen//


I love the use of whites running through the collection, it's definitely something I'd wear too especially the look above. Here we've got yet ANOTHER green, the colour is reminiscent of those beanie babies that were always a really weird 'rainbow' colour. But it works and I really like it, it stands out and catches your eye and if it's bright and grabs your attention that's fine with me. 

Well these are probably my main favourites of what was shown today, I'd also Kay Kwok was someone else who delivered an interesting collection. Featuring various sleeveless pieces and a square silhouette which really makes for some interesting yet stunning looks. I thought Topman Design had some interesting embellishment, although it came across very similar and I'm really unsure on the idea of black for summer.

Overall I thought everything presented today was really interesting and there's a few trends really starting to show already especially a lot of whites/off whites and that use of green seems to be reoccuring everywhere. Excited tomorrow especially since JW Anderson, KTZ and Katie Eary are all showing! 





No comments:

Post a Comment