Friday 31 May 2013

Blumenfeld Studio//Somerset House

So Thursday I went to see the Blumenfeld Studio exhibition at Somerset House, seeing other exhibitions there I knew there would some really nice strong imagery. I really enjoyed seeing the exhibition, Blumenfeld has had such a strong and diverse career and his work is something really special. 


What I love about Blumenfeld's work is just how he plays with imagery, colour and distortion. He's someone I'd have to consider an inspiration and he's shot so many of my favourite covershots. Including the picture above for Vogue US from March 1945, which is probably one of my favourite photographs of all time! 

What I loved about the exhibition was how it show how Blumenfeld's work really developed, his work to me really stands out as photographs which are timeless, if I saw them today I'd still think they worked and were still as beautiful. There are so many elements of his work I love, especially how he works with layering images and the colours of images. He really has a special way of working with textures and light which stand out to me too. 



After seeing the exhibition I really do realise how much of an inspiration Blumenfeld is, his work is so beautiful and so classic. The exhibition is totally worth a visit, especially since it shows the final images but also other unseen images from the same shoots. The exhibition really highlights how strong a career he had and how great a collection of imagery he built up over his career 


No comments:

Post a Comment