Sunday 19 May 2013

Print // New Luxury

After this weeks talk with Alexandra Shulman I've been thinking a lot about print, especially because of my uni project to create a magazine and because it's an area i'd like to work in. An issue I keep seeing being brought up is all around print and the internet.

People keep discussing the idea of print being dead because of the internet, news is given out so faster and content shared so easily. Personally I don't want print to die, it's brilliant and I'm constantly hearing print being described as the new luxury, which I love and agree with. 


I love the idea of a magazine becoming a treasure, something to be loved and cherished. Maybe the market may not be as strong as it normally is but also maybe it helps highlight peoples devoted target audiences. People actually don't want magazines to die out and they love print, they want to keep them and adore them. Maybe the market really is oversaturated but ideally does that not meant there is possibly a magazine for everbody?

We talk about diversity, don't magazines and print deliver these best? Peoples different stances and opinions on fashion, their creative ideals and ideas. Their mark and point on fashion, if magazines were to die out then where would this remain? 

No comments:

Post a Comment