Friday 17 May 2013

Versace Versus // JW Anderson

Versace relauched their Versus line on Wednesday in New York, presenting their first collection with JW Anderson. For me I think it's something interesting to see them working with JW Anderson, I think working with such a young fresh designer is exactly what they need. 


I think the whole collection looks really interesting, with varying colours and patters and different uses of shape too. Something really interesting I think is Jonathan's idea and use of unisex which seems to flow through his work. I think presenting menswear with dresses is something really innovative and different, honestly having such a young fresh designer on board is brilliant for Versache.

I've talked about it before but I think there's something about younger designers that even older desingers can learn, they know more about current events and honestly I think they take more risks. I think they're less concerned about money as a driving force and want to put their mark out their instead. 


Personally I love the idea of men wearing crop tops showing of shoulders and hip bones, I think if women are allowed to do it why shouldn't men and vice versa. I think Jonathan is really innovative to play around with this concept, really almost tackling equality by just forgetting its an issue. To me this collection seems really interesting, to contain so much black and white and yet still appear the way it does is something to be admired.

As I said about working with a young desginer will help look at a more youth focus, the Versus party also had performances by acts like Grimes and Angel Haze. Firstly their H&M collab and now projects like this, I think Versace are really trying to appeal to youth and get them on board with their branding and really appeal to them.

Anyway I love this collection and I can't wait to see more from it and also JW Anderson. Something else to think about is the fact the collection went online almost imediately, is this something new to expect now to tackle fast fashion, rather than waiting we can get it instantly? I've seen a lot of people discuss this recently and it might be interesting to see how it works.

No comments:

Post a Comment