Thursday 2 May 2013

What Makes//Something Cool

Love, Trust and Authenticity. 

These three words are what apparently 'makes something cool', what is it about something we really link to this appeal. 

//LOVE//
Love, the whole point of buying fashion. We love something, we need it, we crave it so I guess we love it? Or do we? Do we honestly love fashion/pieces/brands, I know personally a brand I 'love' are Doc Martens. I think their designs are stylish yet simplistic, their British heritage is and also the quality are just a few of the reasons I love them. I think the love I have here would be what I consider the love aspect to making an item cool, it's all about really finding something you really connect with. 

//TRUST//
Trust, I really think you've got to buy something you're really beliving in and it goes hand in hand with love, both being a vaulable asset for a brand. If your customer trusts you they'll return to you, constantly feeling comfortable for what you're bringing out. You've got to find a brand who you think know their branding and stay true to their image, rather than finding a brand who are constantly changing. Also you trust a brand when you know their product will deliver what you desire.

//AUTHENTICITY//
Authenticity again is a lot like trust, for you it has to be real. You don't want a fake or some rip off you want originality. It's like buying a designer bag, you're not gonna want to pay out for something that is just a cheap rip off which will eventually fall apart on you, you want the quality and knowing its come from the designer.

I think we really need to question these things when it comes to fashion, its a really interesting way of looking at why a customer would desire a product, aim for these things and you fulfil their desire. It's something really important to consider when looking at an advert/campaign/promotion. 

No comments:

Post a Comment