Saturday 11 May 2013

Graduate//Fashion Week

So something to look forward to is graduate fashion week!

With less than a month until graduate fashion week now we've got something to look forward to from 2nd - 5th June there's going to universities from all over the UK presenting their degree shows. 
Heres the line up for whats happening:

Sunday 2nd June - Bournemouth, UCLAN, Edinburgh, Northumbria, Northbrook & Wiltshire College Salisbury and Istituo Marangoni London.

Monday 3rd June - Liverpool John Moores, UCA Rochester, Ravensbourne, Nottingham Trent, De Montfort Contour (Swimwear & Intimate Apparel), UCA Epsom.

Tuesday 4th June - East London, Bath Spa & Northampton, De Montfort, Birmingham, Manchester School of Art, Salford, Kingston. 

Wednesday 5th June - Best of GFW, GFW Gala and Awards Show.

Personally I'm most excited to see Ravensbournes show, obviously im bias but I think we're heading to actually going and see it after this projects hand in which is exciting! 

I can't wait to see what comes out of graduate fashion week none the less, there's something to me which I prefer about graduate shows. I think it's the fact that rather than working with just money as their target like most brands they're working to show their art, their creative flare. I think it really allows them to be more conceptual and take more risks than most designers do, this is something which I hate about design now it just seems to be based on money.

But ANYWAY away from that rant if anyone wants to check out any information for GFW then 



No comments:

Post a Comment